The Southern Marin Fire Protection District responded to approximately 31 calls for service (weather-related calls only) Tuesday, February 21st through Wednesday, February 22nd due to the recent high wind advisory.
Zone 1 (Sausalito) = 3 calls for service.
- Fire Boat Liberty assisted with several vessels that were dragging anchors.
Zone 4 (Tam Valley) = 2 calls for service.
Zone 6 (Mill Valley West) = 18 calls for service.
- 218 Cleveland, Large Tree into a structure, structural engineer requested - no injuries.
- 48 Marion, Large Tree into a structure - no injuries.
- 56 Monte Vista, Large Tree into a structure - no injuries.
- The intersection of Laverne and Tamalpais is closed due to power lines down.
- 25 Marion to 48 Marion there is a hard road closure due to large trees down and multiple lines down. PGE stated they will send a tree crew out in the morning. In the meantime occupants of 48 Marion are unable to leave their homes by vehicle.
- Several Vehicles sustained damage due to downed trees.
Zone 7 (Mill Valley East) = 3 calls for service
Zone 9 (Alto/Richardson/Strawberry/W. Tiburon) = 5 calls for service
- 47 North Knoll, Several vehicles were damaged by a large downed tree.
Crews remained present in the communities throughout the day assisting citizens, working with DPWs, and taking proactive measures when they came across any areas of concern. Reminder to all residents: downed trees/branches could be hiding a power line. Assume all wires are energized and extremely dangerous. Don't touch or try to move it—keep children and animals away. Report downed lines to 911 and PG&E at 1-800-743-5002.
For more updated emergency information, please visit: