East Blithedale Avenue Open to Through Traffic
East Blithedale Avenue is open to through traffic between Camino Alto and Downtown Mill Valley. Motorists may experience localized closures or flagged one-way traffic control until June 2023. Please use Miller Avenue to access Downtown Mill Valley.
Crews continue working on East Blithedale Avenue between Grove Avenue and Elm Avenue (near Park School) to make ongoing improvements with sanitary sewer, storm drainage, and concrete work, which involves replacing curb ramps, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and driveways.
We recommend motorists follow the posted speed limits and proceed with caution as East Blithedale Ave remains an active work zone.20th
A Message from the Chamber of Commerce:
As the East Blithedale Avenue Project Continues, We Keep Ramping Up Our Support for Downtown Businesses & Nonprofits – Check Out Our New Signs Reminding You to #ShopMV! Click Here
Downtown Concrete Rehabilitation
Work crews will continue the concrete work Downtown, progressing east from Grove Street to Elm Avenue (west). Flagged one-way traffic control is in effect and street parking on East Blithedale Avenue is available opposite the construction.
What Is Happening This Upcoming Week: February 20th
- East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 3 - Grove Street to Elm Avenue (west): Argonaut will conduct concrete work at Elm Avenue while Park School is closed for their February recess from February 21st to the 24th. Work crews will conduct some sanitary sewer repair work on East Blithedale Avenue near Thalia Avenue.
- PG&E Project – Elm Avenue (east) to Elm Avenue (west): PG&E work crews have begun their project by excavating a series of small test holes in order to accurately locate underground lines, such as the gas main and residential laterals. If workers find that sections of the PG&E gas main and laterals are at a sufficient depth, then it will be unnecessary to relocate those sections. Their findings could reduce the impact of traffic congestion on East Blithedale Avuene and project managers can schedule the paving of the roadway sooner.
- Please note that parking will not be available during the daytime construction, but residents may park on East Blithedale Avenue during evening hours. Please read the posted “No Parking” signs for hours of construction.
Upcoming Work: Week of February 27th
- East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 3 - Grove Street to Elm Avenue (west): Argonaut Constructors will continue concrete work along the south side of East Blithedale Avenue. Project planners anticipate the concrete work will be completed by the beginning of March. Motorists should expect minor delays with flagged one-way traffic control.
- PG&E Project – Elm Avenue (east) to Elm Avenue (west): Natural gas line relocation will progress east to west, as necessary.
This Past Week in Photos:
Thank You for Your Patience
City and Construction Management staff continue to mitigate construction impacts and are collaborating with the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce to coordinate and notify local businesses of the planned work. The project team is available to answer questions and review concerns. The City of Mill Valley would like to send out a special thank you to the Mill Valley community for your patience during construction.
Direct Project Contact Information 24/7: (628) 238-0221
Stay Up to Date on the DPW Twitter Site
Click here for the main East Blithedale Project website.
Click here for the previous East Blithedale updates.
East Blithedale FAQ can be found here.