View or download the June 26, 2023 Regular City Council meeting agenda (PDF).
View or download the June 26, 2023 Regular City Council meeting agenda, staff reports, and/or supporting materials (LINK).
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
1. Presentation on the Partnership between the City of Mill Valley/Mill Valley Recreation and Soma Aquatics Foundation Inc.
2. Presentation of a Proclamation Declaring the Month of July 2023 as Parks Make Life Better! Month.
3. Consideration of Authorizing the City Manager to Sign the Amendment to the 1996 Revised Hazardous and Solid Waste Joint Powers Agreement County of Marin (“Zero Waste Marin”).
Recommended Action: Authorize the City Manager to sign the amendment.
4. Consideration of Revisions to the Department Director, Mill Valley Firefighters Association, and American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Association (AFSCME) Salary Schedules to Resolve an Audit Finding by CalPERS; and Consideration of Amendments to the Department Director and Non-Represented (Management, Technical, and Confidential Group) Salary Schedules.
Recommended Action: Approve the revised/amended salary schedules.
5. Receive the 2023 Fire Season Outlook and Current Preparations Report.
Recommended Action: Receive report.
6. Second Reading and Adoption of Ordinance No. 1343 Amending Title 14 (“Building and Construction”) of the Mill Valley Municipal Code Adding Chapter 14.36 to Create a Mandatory Seismic Retrofit of Certain Residential Buildings.
Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance No. 1343.
7. Consideration of a Resolution Setting Sewer Charges Pursuant to Resolution No. 21-05.
Recommended Action: Adopt the Resolution.
COUNCIL/STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
8. Receive Report and Presentation from Christine O’Rourke, Sustainability Coordinator for the Marin Climate and Energy Partnership (MCEP), on the Marin Countywide Electric Vehicle (EV) Acceleration Strategy.
Recommended Action: Receive report and presentation, accept report, and direct staff to develop a work plan.
9. Introduction and First Reading of an Ordinance Renewing Ordinance No. 1335, Chapter 8.80 of the Mill Valley Municipal Code Regarding Establishment of a Military Equipment Use Policy for the Mill Valley Police Department.
Recommended Action: Receive report, introduce the ordinance, and waive First Reading.
10. Hear Any Objections and Consideration of a Resolution to Continue the Tamalpais Park Street Tree Assessment District Improvement and to Levy the Assessment for Fiscal Year 2023-2024.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 23-___.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
The Council will convene to a Closed Session discussion. Any public announcement regarding the Closed Session will be made after the Closed Session and prior to adjourning the regular meeting.
A. CLOSED SESSION BUSINESS – Following Public Comment, the City Council will adjourn to Closed Session to consider the following:
- Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation (§ 54956.9) Gregcoh, LLC v. City of Mill Valley (Superior Court of California, County of Marin, Case No. CIV2202997)
B. ACTION OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
The Council will adjourn to the Monday, July 10, 2023 Regular City Council meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the Mill Valley City Council Chambers.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer webcasting services for City Council, Planning Commission and Parks and Recreation meetings. Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive (LINK) page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, supporting materials, and action minutes.
The City of Mill Valley offers the eComment program for City Council, Planning Commission, and Parks & Recreation Meetings. The City is proud to have offered this service for the past 13 years and continues to encourage community members to use this alternative form of civic participation if they are not attending in-person City Council and/or other Board/Commission/Committee public meetings. Please visit the eComment page (LINK) to learn more on how to participate in this program.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org (LINK) subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (I'TY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.