Building Open for All Services
(Including Curbside Pickup)
Monday - Thursday
10 am to 8 pm
10 am to 5 pm
Saturday & Sunday
12 pm to 5 pm
The Library is closed for the following holidays in 2023:
- Sunday, January 1st, New Year's Day
- Monday, January 2nd, New Year's Day (observed)
- Monday, January 16th, Martin Luther King Day
- Monday, February 20th, Presidents' Day
- Monday, May 29th, Memorial Day
- Monday, June 19th, Juneteenth
- Tuesday, July 4th, Independence Day
- Monday, September 4th, Labor Day
- Monday, October 9th, Staff Training
- Saturday, November 11th, Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 23rd Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 24th, Day after Thanksgiving
- Sunday, December 24th, Christmas Eve
- Monday, December 25th, Christmas Day
- Sunday, December 31st, New Year's Eve
- Monday, January 1st, 2024 - New Year's Day
The Mill Valley Public Library is located in Marin County, California at 375 Throckmorton Avenue in Mill Valley, just north of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge.
From San Francisco & Points South
Heading north from San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge on Highway 101, exit at Mill Valley / Stinson Beach, about 5 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge and at the bottom of the Waldo Grade.
After you pass under the freeway, pass a left to Tennessee Valley, and cross the bridge, bear right onto Miller at the 3-way intersection (a left turn would take you to Stinson Beach).
Continue on Miller Avenue to its end in downtown Mill Valley. Turn left at Sunnyside Avenue and immediately turn right to come to a stop at the intersection of Miller and Throckmorton.
Turn left onto Throckmorton Avenue and continue past the first stop sign. Pass Old Mill School on the right. The Library is just beyond the traffic circle on the left at 375 Throckmorton Avenue. Park on the street.
From San Rafael & Points North & East
Heading south from San Rafael or the Richmond Bridge on Highway 101, exit at Tiburon Boulevard (131) / E Blithedale Avenue and turn right onto East Blithedale Avenue.
East Blithedale takes you all the way into downtown Mill Valley. On the way from the freeway, you pass four intersections with traffic lights and finally come to a stop sign at Throckmorton with the Outdoor Art Club in front of you. Turn left onto Throckmorton.
When you reach the next stop sign at a 3-way intersection, continue on Throckmorton Avenue by turning toward the left.
Continue on Throckmorton. It twists a bit through Lytton Square. Just try to stay headed in the same general direction. Pass Old Mill School on the right. The Library is just beyond the traffic circle on the left at 375 Throckmorton Avenue. Park on the street.