Planning Commission Meeting
Planning Commission Meeting
View the Meeting Agenda and Support documents by clicking here
- Download the Meeting Agenda in PDF format.
- Download the Meeting Minutes in PDF format.
MILL VALLEY PLANNING COMMISSION
REGULAR MEETING OF JANUARY 27, 2015
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL, 6:30PM
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Time for comments from members of the public on issues not on this Planning Commission agenda. (Limited to 3 minutes per person)
1. MULTI -FAMILY RESIDENTIAL AND MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS AND DESIGN GUIDELINES (Svanstrom)
Study Session to discuss and provide input to staff regarding the draft Multi-Family Residential and Mixed Use Development Standards and Design Guidelines recommended to the Planning Commission for approval by the City’s Zoning and Design Guideline Advisory Committee.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARINGS:
2. 166 ELINOR AVE.-DESIGN REVIEW, SECOND UNIT PERMIT, TREE REMOVAL AND CATEGORICAL EXEMPTION- PL14-4216 (Svanstrom)
A Design Review, Second Unit Permit, and Tree Removal application for a 538 square foot detached second unit near Hillside Avenue, a new parking area to add 2 on-site parking spaces along Elinor Avenue, tree removal permit to remove 7 trees (to be replaced 2 trees for each removed), and overall site plan on a 35,179 square foot parcel located at 166 Elinor Avenue.
The subject property is in the RS-7.5 (Residential Single-Family - 7,500 square foot minimum lot size) Zoning District.
3. SASM GENERAL PLAN AMENDMENT- 138 Lomita Drive-PL14-4304 (Kilgariff) SASM proposes to relocate the Sutton Manor Sanitary sewer pump station to the vacant parcel located at 138 Lomita Drive. In order to move the pump station the parcel must amend the Mill Valley General Plan and be rezoned. The site, currently zoned General Commercial (C-G), must be rezoned to Community Facilities (C-F) in order to maintain the pump station. The action taken by the Planning Commission will be to recommend or not recommend the proposal to the City Council for approval.
4. 2015-2023 HOUSING ELEMENT UPDATE – PUBLIC HEARING AND RECOMMENDATION TO CITY COUNCIL – (Staude)
Receive presentation, collect public comment, provide direction, as appropriate, and consider resolution (EXHIBIT A) recommending that City Council adopt the Draft Housing Element (ATTACHMENT 1)
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: January 08, 2015 & January 13, 2015
PLANNING AND BUILDING DIRECTOR’S REPORT
APPEALS: Any decision made by the Planning Commission on the above items may be appealed to the City Council by filing a letter with the Planning and Building Department within 10 calendar days following the date of the decision describing the basis for the appeal and accompanied by the $500.00 appeal fee.