Planning Commission Meeting
Planning Commission Meeting
3/24/2014 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- View the Meeting Agenda and Supporting Documents (Staff Reports, Resolutions, etc.) by clicking here.
- Download Meeting Agenda in PDF format.
- Download the Meeting Minutes in PDF format.
- Please note Staff is recommending that 500 Miller be continued to the April 14, 2014 Planning Commission Meeting. See memo by clicking here.
MILL VALLEY PLANNING COMMISSION
CALL TO ORDER
PLANNING AND BUILDING DIRECTOR’S ORAL REPORT
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: FEBRUARY 24, 2014
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING:
1. 32 Lovell – Daniel Archer - Appeal of a Zoning Administrator Decision for a Design Review, and Variance – File No. PL13-4100 (Zanarini)
An Appeal hearing of the Zoning Administrator approval of a Design Review and Variance for the demolition of an existing detached garage and construction of a new 360 square foot garage with a 476 square foot dwelling unit beneath the garage on a 5,250 square foot lot. The subject property is in the RM – 1.5 (Multi-Family Residential – 1,500 sq. ft. lot area per dwelling) Zoning District.
2. 148 Elm Ave – Sustainable Architecture & Consulting – Design Review – File No. PL13-4195 (Zanarini)
Design Review for a project which includes remodeling an existing home, a 169 sq. ft. addition to the main level, and a 922 square foot addition to add an upper level. This project has been determined to be exempt from further environmental review under Section 15303(a) of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines. The subject property is in the RS-6 (Single-Family Residential - 6,000 square foot minimum lot size) Zoning District.
3. 500 Miller Avenue – Butler Architecture – Study Session for Design Review – File No. PL13-4154 (Svanstrom) Please note Staff is recommending that 500 Miller be continued to the April 14, 2014 Planning Commission Meeting. See memo by clicking here.
A Study Session for Design Review for a new mixed residential and commercial development on the site (APN 048-071-46). This application will be processed as a new application. This site has a current approval for Design Review, CEQA, and Vesting Tentative Map for of a 15,152 square foot residential building of 9 attached, single-family residential units with a 12,217 square foot parking garage as part of the residential building and a separate two story 4,948 square foot commercial building.
The proposed project is for 9 attached single-family townhouse-style residential units totaling 21,126 square feet and built as two buildings, with approx. 4,850 square feet of garage and 6,300 square feet of under-building driveway at the rear first floor of the buildings. The commercial portion is proposed as a separate two-story 3,000 square foot building with a separate at-grade parking lot. The subject property is in the Neighborhood Commercial (CN), Planned Development (PD) Combining Zoning District.