Planning Commission Meeting
Planning Commission Meeting
1/13/2015 6:30 PM - 11:00 PM
- View the Meeting Agenda and Supporting Documents by clicking here.
- Download the Meeting Agenda in PDF format.
MILL VALLEY PLANNING COMMISSION
REGULAR MEETING OF JANUARY 13, 2015
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Time for comments from members of the public on issues not on this Planning Commission agenda. (Limited to 3 minutes per person)
1. MULTI -FAMILY RESIDENTIAL AND MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS AND DESIGN GUIDELINES (Svanstrom)
Discussion of upcoming actions by the Planning Commission for review and adoption of Multi-Family Residential and Mixed Use Development Standards and Design Guidelines recommended to the Planning Commission for approval by the City’s Zoning and Design Guideline Advisory Committee.
7:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARINGS:
2. 523 HILLSIDE AVE. – DESIGN REVIEW AND CATEGORICAL EXEMPTION – File No. PL14-4217 (Svanstrom)
A Design Review for site work at an existing single family residence. Site work includes a new driveway, retaining walls, parking turn-around area, pool, and landscaping.
The site is a 37,400 square foot lot located in the RS-7.5 (Residential Single Family, 7,500 square foot minimum lot size) Zoning District.
3. 575 SUMMIT AVENUE - STUDY SESSION FOR DESIGN REVIEW – File No. PL13-4064 (Newman)
A Design Review application to construct a new 4,012 square foot, two-story house on a 20,528 square foot parcel located at 575 Summit Avenue.
The subject property is in the RS-20 Single Family Residential Zoning District.
4. 167-173 THROCKMORTON AVE. - CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT, VARIANCE, AND MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION FROM THE REQUIREMENTS OF CEQA- File No. PL14-4166 (Svanstrom)
A Conditional Use Permit application to convert four existing apartments into eight hotel rooms
on the upper floor of the structure (approximately 3,600 square feet of building space) and connect these rooms to the Mill Valley Inn. A Variance to the parking requirements is requested to use existing non-conforming parking spaces, with the applicant proposing to use valet parking to address parking needs. The project is located on a 6,313 square foot located at 167-173 Throckmorton Avenue.
The subject property is in the Neighborhood-Commercial (C-N) Zoning District and the Downtown Commercial Land Use Designation.
This item has been continued at the Applicant’s request to a date uncertain. The application will be re-noticed.
5. MODIFICATIONS TO SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DESIGN GUIDELINES
The Planning Commission will conduct a public hearing to review the proposed revisions to the City’s Single Family Residential Design Guidelines.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: NOVEMBER 12 & NOVEMBER 25, 2014
PLANNING AND BUILDING DIRECTOR’S REPORT