Special Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting
3/12/2014 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
The Mill Valley Parks & Recreation Commission regularly meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at City Hall
PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12, 2012
Douglas Nelson, Chair
Suzanne Bohan, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Nominations and Election of Parks and Recreation Commission Chairperson
- Nominations and Election of Parks and Recreation Commission Vice Chairperson
- Nominations and Election of Tree Committee Member
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
1. Consideration of the Minutes of the February 5, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the February 5, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
2. Consideration of use request of Downtown Plaza by Tam High Art Instructor Lynne Klein and PATH (Patrons of the Arts at Tam High) for Tam High Senior Art Show on Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4pm-8pm. Recommended Action: Approve use request with stipulations.
3. Consideration of use request of Downtown Plaza by Laura Duncan on behalf of the Mill Valley Library Foundation for Storybook on the Square on Sunday, April 27, 2014 9am-4pm. Recommended Action: Approve use request with stipulations.
- Golf Course Action Plan Implementation Plan. Recommended Action: Receive update from Dir Rogers and Commissioners Bohan and Murray.
- Bayfront Park Boat Dock Proposed Design. Recommended Action: Review, Receive Public Comment, Discuss and Consider Recommended Design.
RECREATION DIRECTOR AND OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT REPORTS
- Community Garden Update (DPW)
- Plaza Restroom Update (DPW)
- Rodenticide Use/Owl Box Survey Update (DPW)
- Skate Park Update (Recreation)
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the next Regular Commission meeting which will be held on April 2, 2014.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer the following:
Webcasting Services: Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, consent calendar items, and attachments.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.
Meeting end times are approximate. To request a digital recording of the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's