City Council Meeting
1/21/2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COUNCIL AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Presentation of a Proclamation Honoring the Tamalpais High School Boys Soccer Team on Recent Achievements.
2. Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee Annual Report to the Council.
3. Consideration of the Minutes of the January 6, 2014 Regular City Council Meeting.
Recommended Action: Approve the January 6, 2014 Regular City Council Meeting minutes.
4. Consideration of Acceptance of a $2200 Donation from the Mill Valley Rotary to the City of Mill Valley.
Recommended Action: Accept donation.
5. Consideration of Acceptance of a $13,000 Donation from Paula Reynolds and Neighbors and Authorization of a of a Budget Adjustment to Use the Funds for Construction of SLP 221 Which Will Connect Greenwood Way to Woodbine Drive.
Recommended Action: Accept donation and approve budget adjustment.
6. Consideration of a Resolution Memorializing the Recommendation from the Mill Valley Planning Commission to Amend Residential Design Guideline No. 10, “Minimizing Grading, Off-Haul, Excavation and Erosion” in Response to City Council Direction from its October 7, 2013 Regular Meeting to Modify Said Guideline to Address Project Off-haul Related to Basements.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 14-___.
7. Consideration of Councilmember Appointment to the Transportation Authority of Marin’s Safe Route to Schools Program.
Recommended Action: Approve appointment.
8. Consideration of the Introduction of an Ordinance Amending Section 2.08.090 – Art Commission, of the Mill Valley Municipal Code.
Recommended Action: Introduce Ordinance No. ___ and waive first reading.
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS: An opportunity for Councilmembers to report on activities of the local and regional governmental bodies upon which they serve.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORTS
• League of California Cities North Bay Division Meeting Summary.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT– To the January 21, 2014 meeting of the Mill Valley Public Financing Authority. The Council will also be holding its Annual Retreat on January 29, 2014, at the Ralston White Retreat. The next Regular City Council meeting will be held on Monday, February 3, 2014.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer the following:
Webcasting Services: Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, consent calendar items, and attachments.
eComment: It is now possible for internet users watching the live meeting webcast to submit comments and questions in real-time to the City Council for the public comment sections of the meeting. Send an eComment.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.
Meeting end times are approximate. To request a digital recording of the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's office at email@example.com or call 415-388-4033.