PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
WEDNESDAY, MAY 7, 2014
Suzanne Bohan, Chair
Kirk Knauer, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
1. Consideration of the Minutes of the April 2, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the April 2, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
2. Consideration of Rescheduling Parks and Recreation Commission Wednesday, July 2, 2014 to Wednesday, July 9, 2014; Recreation Director and Dept of Public Works Director will be out of town on July 2, 2014.
- PG&E Fence Installation at Hauke Park & Alto Substation Reliability and Tree Removal for Reliability. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information.
- Agenda Forecasting Procedure Review. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information.
- Golf Course Operations Update. Recommended Action: Review and Discuss Information
- Plaza Use Ordinance Review. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Direct Staff.
RECREATION DIRECTOR AND OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT REPORTS
- Marin County Bike Path Roundabout Project Update (DPW)
- Bayfront Boat Dock Update (DPW)
- Plaza Restroom Update (DPW)
- Tennis Court Renovation Update (DPW)
- CIP Request & Budget Update (DPW & Recreation)
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the next Regular Commission meeting which will be held on June 4, 2014.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.