PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2014
Suzanne Bohan, Chair
Kirk Knauer, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
1. Consideration of the Minutes of the August 6, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the August 6, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
2. Consideration of Use Request for Downtown Plaza by Mill Valley Film Festival for an Information Booth on the Plaza on Friday to Sunday October 3rd to 5th, 2014 10am-8pm and Saturday to Sunday October 11th & 12th, 2014 10am-8pm. Recommended Action: Approve Use Request with Stipulations.
3. Historical Trail Map Installation at Old Mill Park Update
4. Bloomathon Garden Project
5. Sycamore Avenue Pedestrian Improvement Project Update
6. Boyle Park Tennis Courts Renovation Update
7. Annual Maintenance Closure Update
8. Bayfront Boat Dock Update
- Consideration of Park Rental Fees Increase Recommendations. Recommended Action: Receive and discuss information and consider for approval.
- Recreation Use Fees Review
a. Golf Course Clubhouse Rental Fees Review. Recommended Action: Receive and discuss information and direct staff as necessary.
b. Aquatics and Fitness Center Pass Fess Review Recommended Action: Receive and discuss information and direct staff as necessary.
RECREATION DIRECTOR AND OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT REPORTS
- Community Garden Conceptual Design Review (DPW)
- Mill Valley School District Reciprocal Use Agreement Update (Recreation)
- Youth Sport Leagues Community Engagement Presentation Program Discussion (Recreation)
- Quarterly Agenda Forecast Review (DPW & Recreation)
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the Regular Commission meeting which will be held on October 1, 2014.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.