PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 7, 2015
Suzanne Bohan, Chair
Kirk Knauer, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
- Consideration of the Minutes of the December 3, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the December 3, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
2. Consideration of 2015 Parks and Recreation Commission Proposed Meeting Schedule. Recommended Action: Approve Proposed Meeting Schedule.
- Consideration of 2015 Annual Use Requests for Mill Valley Golf Course Clubhouse. Recommended Action: Approve use request with stipulations.
3a. Mill Valley Golf Club
3b. Mill Valley Women’s Golf Club
3c. Mill Valley Rotary Club
- Consideration of Youth Sports Leagues 2015 Field Allocation Schedule. Recommended Action: Approve Allocations with stipulations.
4a. Tamalpais High School Athletic Department
4b. Mill Valley Girls Softball
4c. Southern Marin Youth Football
4d. Mill Valley Little League
4e. Southern Marin Lacrosse
4f. Mill Valley Soccer Club
4g. Marin FC Soccer Alliance
RECREATION AND DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS REPORTS
5. Retreat Debrief (DPW & Recreation)
6. Agenda Forecast Review (DPW & Recreation)
7. City Hall Bloomathon Garden Lighting Update (DPW)
- Consideration of Welcome Kiosk Service Organization Policy. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Consider for Approval.
- Consideration of Donation Policy Price List. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Consider for Approval.
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the Regular Commission meeting which will be held on February 4, 2015.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.