PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2015
Suzanne Bohan, Chair
Kirk Knauer, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
- Consideration of the Minutes of the January 7, 2015 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the January 7, 2015 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
2. Consideration of 2015 Annual Old Mill Park Use Special Event Requests. Recommended Action: Approve use requests with stipulations.
2a. The Dipsea Race Committee for the 105th Annual Dipsea Race for:
*Downtown Plaza for Race number bib pick-up on Saturday June 13, 2015
*Downtown Plaza - starting line and Old Mill Park - race route on Sunday, June 14, 2015 6:00am-10:30am
2b. San Francisco Dolphin South End Runners for the 46th Annual Double Dipsea on Saturday June 20, 2-15 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
2c. Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival Organization for the 59th Annual Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival Tuesday, September 15 through Monday, September 21, 2015 8 a.m. – 8a.m. (event dates: Saturday 9/19-Sunday 9/20 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
2d. Zero Breast Cancer for the Dipsea Hike / Run on Saturday September 26, 2015 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
2e. Dolphin Swimming & Boating Club for the Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon Dipsea Race portion Start & Finish line on Saturday, October 17, 2015 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2f. Pacific Coast Trail Runs for the Eldrith Gosney’s Pure Ultra Trail Run on Saturday October 24, 2015 6 a.m. -5 p.m.
2g. Bay Area Ultra Runners for the Quad Dipsea Race Start & Finish line on Saturday November 28, 2015 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.
3. Consideration of the use request of Area East of Pedestrian Bridge in Bayfront Park on Saturday, July 11, 2015 (8am-5pm) and Sunday, July 12, 2015 (8am-10am) by Avon Foundation for Women for Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Rest Stops. Recommended Action: Approve use requests with stipulations.
4. Consider Approval of Service Organization Signage Policies. Recommended Action: Approve Service Organization Signage Policies.
5. Consider Approval of Park Donation Policies. Recommended Action: Approve Park Donation Policies.
6. Consider Approval of Park Donation Price List. Recommended Action: Approve Park Donation Price List.
7. Creating Age-Friendly, Livable Communities presented by Marin County Department of Health and Human Services, Lee Pullen, Aging and Adult Services Director, Dr. Matt Willis, Public Health Officer, Rochelle Ereman, Epidemiology Program Services Manager and Tricia Smith, Marin County Commission on Aging. Recommended Action: Receive Presentation.
- Mill Valley Historical Society Proposed Donation and Siting of Historic Trail Map at Old Mill Park Recommended Action: Receive Information and Public Comments and Consider Approval of the proposed site at Old Mill Park and provide a recommendation to City Council to accept the Mill Valley Historical Society’s proposed donation of the map, frame and installation costs
RECREATION AND DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS REPORTS
- Tennis Court Renovation Update (DPW)
- Plaza Restrooms Update (DPW)
- Gardner Steps Update (DPW)
- Bayfront Community Garden Update (DPW)
- Summary of Parks & Recreation Commission Annual Report to Council (Rec)
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Transportation Plan Update: Steps, Lanes and Paths Recommended Action: Continue appointment of Commissioner Joan Murray to the SLP Subcommittee.
- Review of Retreat Priority Projects and Commission Work Plan. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Direct Staff as Necessary.
- Bayfront Boat Dock Update and Environmental Compliance Review. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Direct Staff as Necessary.
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the Regular Commission meeting which will be held on March 4, 2015.