Arts Commission Meeting
8/12/2014 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
The Arts Commission meets on the second Tuesday of every month in the upstairs conference room at City Hall.
UPSTAIRS CONFERENCE ROOM, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
TUESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2014
N. Teresa Rea, Chair
Robert Kilby, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
- Consideration of the Minutes of the July 15, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the July 15, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting minutes.
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Good News
- Correspondence/Telephone Log
- Fiscal Agent’s Report
a. FY14/15 Budget Review & Proposed Allocations
- First Tuesday ArtWalk Update
a. Update on September 2, 2014 City Hall Artist Reception (Com Prell)
b. Discuss February 2015 City Hall Replacement Artist Selection
c. Discuss needed supplies onsite for artist receptions and creation of an inventory for both City Hall and Community Center reception supplies
- Click Off Update
- Banner Dates: 10/20-10/26/14
- Click Off Kick Off: Wednesday, November 5 @ 6pm
- Submission Deadline: Wednesday, November 19 @ midnight
- Winners Announced at First Tuesday Reception: Tuesday, December 12
- Category Selection
- Concerts in the Plaza Review
- Review and discussion Commissioner Roles & Responsibility spreadsheet
- Review list of all Commissioner duties and inventory of tasks by hours assigned to each Commissioner to assure equitable division of labor
- Discuss additional roles needed including a Volunteer Coordinator
- Mill Valley Film Festival Programming Update
- Repurposed Bicycle Wheel Art Work Project Update
- STAFF AND COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the next Regular Commission meeting, which will be held on September 9, 2014.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Mill Valley Community Center, 180 Camino Alto during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.