The Mill Valley Police Department provides a Vacation Watch for city residents on request. This service is for residents who will be leaving their homes vacant, and consists of extra patrols of your home while you are away.
When you click on the following link, you will see a form that you can fill in and submit online to MVPD. If you prefer to print the empty form and fill it out by hand, you can mail it to: MVPD, One Hamilton Drive, Mill Valley, CA 94941. You can also fax it to 415-389-4148.
To request a vacation watch, fill out our Vacation Watch Form.
You can send it back to us via email (email@example.com), fax (415.389.4148), mail, or deliver it in person to 1 Hamilton Drive - across from Hauke Park)
Vacation is a time for fun and relaxation. Don't let your vacation be ruined by crime. Please follow these tips.
- Install good locks on all doors and windows and USE Them!
- Engrave your valuables with your driver's license number and document valuables (appraisal, photo, receipts)
- Never leave your spare house key under a doormat, in a flower pot or on a ledge near your doorway
- Make your house appear "lived in" by using timers, keep landscaping green and trimmed, have mail and other deliveries picked up by a friend/neighbor
- Leave your vacation plans and emergency info with trusted neighbors/friends
On the road
- Never carry large amounts of cash and if you must, don't display it openly
- Be aware of your surroundings and never advertise your plans to strangers
- Always lock your car after entering it or leaving it
- Park in well-lit areas
- Always lock your valuables out of sight, preferably in the trunk
- Do not advertise that you are a tourist -- place maps and travel brochures in glove compartment
- Determine the most direct route to and from your room to the fire escapes, elevator and nearest exit
- When occupying or leaving your room, use all locking devices on doors and windows
- Arrange your belongings so you'll know if anything is missing
- Suitcases should be locked so they cannot be used to carry your property from the room
- Place valuables in the hotel/motel safe
- Report any suspicious movement in corridors or rooms to the management
Last updated: 6/5/2014 9:33:06 AM