At this time our book returns are locked and all Marin
libraries are asking folks to hold on to their library materials until
the shelter in place is lifted. Due dates are being extended to cover
this period, including on LINK+ items. We will be waiving any fines that
might result due to our closure.
How long can I keep it?
- Books, audiobooks: 3 weeks
- Magazines, In-Demand audiobooks: 2 weeks
- In-Demand books & movies, DVDs, Blu-Rays, music CDs, Experience Collection: 1 week
- eBooks/eAudiobooks : 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days
- Book Club Kits: 6 weeks
- LINK+: 1 week or 3 weeks depending on the lending institution's policies
- Inter-Library Loan (ILL): Varies depending on lending institution's policies
How many can I check out?
- DVDs/Blu-Rays: 15 item limit
- Music CDs: 10 item limit
- Audiobooks on CD: 10 item limit
- Books: 50 item limit
- eBooks: 15 item limit
We provide many ways to help you renew materials:
- Call (415) 389-4292 x4723 during open hours to speak to a person.
- Leave a voicemail message anytime at (415) 389-4292 x4745.
- Use the catalog to maintain your own Library account.
- Visit the Self-Check machine or a person at the Circulation Desk when you're in the Library.
Items that do not have holds can be renewed for the following periods:
|Music CDs, Movies
||1 week checkout + 1 week renewal
||2 week checkout + 2 week renewal
||3 week checkout + 3 week renewal + 1 week 2nd renewal
||3 week checkout + 3 week renewal
*LINK+ items with a 1-week loan period are not renewable.
In-Demand items are not renewable.
You can return materials to any public library in Marin County or to any of the following locations in Mill Valley:
- At the Library front entrance at 375 Throckmorton Ave.
- Freestanding book return at the southwest side of the traffic circle outside of the Library.
- Freestanding book return in the parking lot of the Community Center located at 180 Camino Alto.
Materials borrowed through inter-library loan or from our Experience Collection must be returned to the Circulation Desk; please do not place these materials in a book drop or return to another MARINet Library.