How long can I keep it?
- Books, audiobooks on CD/MP3: 3 weeks
- Magazines: 2 weeks
- In-Demand Books, DVDs, Blu-Rays, Music CDs, Experience Collection: 1 week
- eBooks/eAudiobooks : 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days
- Book Club Kits: 6 weeks
How many can I checkout?
- DVDs/Blu-Rays: 15 item limit
- Music CDs: 10 item limit
- Audiobooks on CD/MP3: 10 item limit
- Books: 50 item limit
- eBooks: 10 item limit
We provide many ways to help you renew materials:
- Call 415-389-4292 x4723 during open hours to speak to a person.
- Leave a voicemail message anytime at 415-389-4292 x4745.
- Use the Catalog to maintain your own Library account.
- Visit the Self-Check machine or a person at the Circulation Desk when you're in the Library.
Books can be renewed two times unless another person has placed a hold
for the title. (If there is a hold on the title, you can't renew it.
Please return it on time.) The first renewal adds three weeks to the
loan period, a second renewal adds one additional week from the date of renewal. Audiobooks may only be renewed once.
Most other materials can be renewed for one additional loan period (unless there's a hold). In-demand items and book club kits can't be renewed at all.
You can return materials to any public library in Marin County or to any of the following locations in Mill Valley:
- At the Library front entrance at 375 Throckmorton Ave.
- Freestanding book return at the southwest side of the traffic circle outside of the Library.
- Freestanding book return in the parking lot of the Community Center located at 180 Camino Alto.
Materials borrowed through interlibrary loan, as well as our Take-It Make-It kits and the experience collection must be returned to the Circulation Desk; please do not place these materials in a book drop or return to another MARINet Library.