How long can I keep it?
- Books, audiobooks: 3 weeks
- Magazines, In-Demand audiobooks: 2 weeks
- In-Demand books & movies, DVDs, Blu-Rays, music CDs, Experience Collection: 1 week
- eBooks/eAudiobooks : 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days
- Book Club Kits: 6 weeks
- LINK+: 1 week or 3 weeks depending on the lending institution's policies
- Inter-Library Loan (ILL): Varies depending on lending institution's policies
How many can I check out?
- DVDs/Blu-Rays: 15 item limit
- Music CDs: 10 item limit
- Audiobooks on CD: 10 item limit
- Books: 50 item limit
- eBooks: 15 item limit
We provide many ways to help you renew materials:
- Call (415) 389-4292 x4723 during open hours to speak to a person.
- Leave a voicemail message anytime at (415) 389-4292 x4745.
- Use the catalog to maintain your own Library account.
- Visit the Self-Check machine or a person at the Circulation Desk when you're in the Library.
Items that do not have holds can be renewed for the following periods:
|Music CDs, Movies
||1 week checkout + 1 week renewal
||2 week checkout + 2 week renewal
||3 week checkout + 3 week renewal + 1 week 2nd renewal
||3 week checkout + 3 week renewal
*LINK+ items with a 1-week loan period are not renewable.
In-Demand items are not renewable.
You can return materials to any public library in Marin County or to any of the following locations in Mill Valley:
- At the Library front entrance at 375 Throckmorton Ave.
- Freestanding book return at the southwest side of the traffic circle outside of the Library.
- Freestanding book return in the parking lot of the Community Center located at 180 Camino Alto.
Materials borrowed through inter-library loan or from our Experience Collection must be returned to the Circulation Desk; please do not place these materials in a book drop or return to another MARINet Library.