The City of Mill Valley has identified the goal of communicating City news and information internally and externally in a timely, cohesive, and proactive manner, so that community members are well informed and able to access information pertaining to the City. We encourage open, two-way communication and public involvement in City decision-making processes.
Civic Engagement: Encouraging Participation in City Decision-Making Processes
We invite your participation in all public meetings. The table below will give you information on all the elected and appointed meeting bodies, what they do, and how to get in touch with them.
||What they do
||How to contact them|
||The City Council is the legislative body elected to represents its citizens. They receive input, develop and adopt policy, and resolve public issues.
||The Mill Valley Arts Commission endeavors to enhance the cultural life of the community. It does this by promoting the visual and performing arts through events it sponsors.
|Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
||The purpose of the BPAC is to recommend bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure improvements, recommend updates to the Bicycle and Pedestrian Transportation Plan, and provide a venue for public input on matters related to bicycle and pedestrian facilities and programs.
|Emergency Preparedness Commission
||The role of the Commission is to assist the City of Mill Valley to prepare our businesses, residents and schools for a natural disaster by developing risk awareness, providing safety and risk mitigation education and by advocating the need for ongoing emergency and disaster preparedness.
|Library Board of Trustees
||The Library Board is responsible for overseeing the long range planning for the Library, setting Library policy, providing necessary support for the effective operation of the Friends of the Library and Library Foundation, serving as a liaison between the Library and the City Council, as well as the general public, and, in general, undertaking those projects and programs that promote the welfare of the Library in the Community of Mill Valley.
|Parks & Recreation Commission
||The Parks and Recreation Commission reviews issues related to use of the city's parks and public facilities as well as community recreation programs and activities.
||The Planning Commission acts on zoning entitlements and ordinances implementing the Mill Valley General Plan.
Planning Administrative Assistant
|SASM Board of Commissioners
||SASM is made up of six Member Agenices. They are: the City of Mill Valley, Tamalpais Community Services District, Almonte Sanitary District, Alto Sanitary District, Homestead Valley Sanitary District and Richardson Bay Sanitary District. Each Sanitary District has one seat on the SASM Board of Commissioners.
Civic Engagement: Keeping You Informed
How to Find Agendas:
- Agendas for the City's Boards, Commissions and Council are posted on the Agendas and Meeting Minutes page, as well as in the City Calendar in accordance with the Brown Act (72 hours prior to regular meetings, 24 hours prior to special meetings).
- Meeting agendas for the three webcast meeting bodies (City Council, Planning Commission and the Parks and Recreation Commission) can be found on the Webcasting and Streaming Archive Page.
- You may also find meeting agendas in Document Central.
How to Find Minutes:
- Meeting minutes for the City's Boards, Commissions and Council are posted on the City Calendar after the Board, Commission or Council has approved the minutes at their next scheduled meeting.
- Meeting minutes for the three webcast meeting bodies (City Council, Planning Commission and the Parks and Recreation Commission) can be found on the Webcasting and Streaming Archive Page.
- You may also find meeting minutes in Document Central.
We are always happy to help you If you do not see the information you are looking for, please contact us and we will send the agenda, minutes or other documents directly to you.
Need more information? Check out our Communications and Civic Engagement page.
Last updated: 9/3/2014 1:32:02 PM