Skip to page body Home About Us What's New City Government City Services Community Visitors Business How Do I...

Creek Pollution Problems and Information

Corte Madera CreekReporting a Creek Pollution Problem

Call the Department of Public Works, at 388-4033 during City Hall open hours if you notice unusual substances in or around a storm drain, creek, or flood control channel; to report a spill; or to report an illegal discharge.

To report an after hours spill or illegal discharge to a creek, call the Mill Valley Police Department at 389-4100.

When reporting a creek problem, try to have the following information:

  • Location: specific street address, or creek name and nearest cross street
  • Time: when did you first notice the problem and is it still occurring?
  • Activity: description of the problem (fallen tree, spill, blocked culvert, etc.) any odors, changes in water color (oily sheen, foam) or debris
  • If you see someone dumping into the creek: Try to get a description of the person, license number, and vehicle description.

Marin County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program

The City of Mill Valley is a member of the Marin County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program (MCSTOPPP) which works to comply with stormwater regulations and to protect Marin's creeks and wetlands by preventing stormwater pollution.

MCSTOPP's primary strategy is to gain compliance through a combination of education and ensuring best management practices for preventing pollution.

For more information, please visit the  MCSTOPP website.

Only Rain Down the Storm Drain

Last updated: 12/21/2007 2:44:00 PM