Zoning Ordinance Update
Zoning and subdivision regulations are contained in Title 20 "Zoning" of the City's Mill Valley Municipal Code. The "Zoning Code" primarily governs the development and use of property in Mill Valley, and also establish the procedures by which the City reviews and makes decisions on applications for residential and commercial design review, conditional use permits and variances. Various pieces of the Zoning Code are updated through ordinance updates, which are reviewed by Planning Commission and adopted through City Council. These updates are primarily based on the City's General Plan policies and programs, and assist in clarifying zoning and land use regulations and procedures.
- For regular e-mail updates on zoning news and events Sign up for eNews . Choose Zoning Ordinance Updates.
- Definitions and Nonconforming Regulations: Planning Commission: March 22, 2016; Feb. 9, 2016; December 8, 2015; August 25, 2015, July 28, 2015; and City Council: November 2, 2015
- Medical Marijuana Cultivation Ordinance: Jan 26 Planning Commission Staff Report
- Mobility/Circulation Element: Initial Study (available Jan 6, 2016 for public comment until January 26, 2016); Nov. 2, 2015 Staff Report; Jan 26 Planning Commission Staff Report; Feb 16, 2016 City Council Staff Report; March 7. 2016 City Council Staff Report and Attachments
- General Plan Land Use Element: Initial Study (available Jan 6, 2016 for public comment until January 26, 2016); Jan 26 Planning Commission Staff Report; Sept 8, 2015 Staff Report
- Zoning Ordinance and Map Amendments related to the Multi-Family and Mixed-Use Development Standards and Design Guidelines: see General Plan Meeting and Events for most recent updates.
Density Bonus: Density Bonus Ordinance (adopted 12/1/14)
Last updated: 3/7/2016 4:31:09 PM