DESTRUCTIVE FIRE TRAINING
Contact: Captain Scott Barnes 415-389-4130
The Mill Valley Fire Department is asking property owners who may have a structure that is abandoned and /or ready to be demolished to allow firefighters to conduct training exercises in these buildings. There are three types of training that our firefighters can conduct in such structures:
- Non-Destructive ( used for search and rescue training).
- Destructive (used for breaching walls, cutting holes in roofs, knocking out windows, etc.)
- Live Fire Training ( used for fire suppression activities ).
The Mill Valley Fire Department needs abandoned/vacant buildings for these different types of training. If a property owner has a vacant structure that he/she would like to donate for use by the Fire Department, but doesn't want the building destroyed, he/she can request it to be used for NON-DESTRUCTIVE training. If a property owner has a vacant structure that is scheduled for demolition, the Fire Department would be grateful to use it for DESTRUCTIVE or LIVE FIRE training. Buildings that are the most sought after abandoned or vacant:
- Single family residences
- Multi-family residences
- One or two story apartment buildings
- Strip shopping centers
- Large "big box" facilities ( i.e., grocery stores, hardware stores, commercial type buildings, etc).
Anyone wishing to help the Mill Valley Fire Department with the use of their structure should contact Battalion Chief Scott Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone him at 415-389-4130
Last updated: 3/17/2010 10:36:10 PM