Several areas in downtown Mill Valley have been designated by the City Council as "Residential Parking Zones." In these zones, residents may park all day without restrictions (provided they have a valid Residential Parking Permit) while other vehicles are limited to park for four hours only.
Residential Parking Permits may be obtained only by residents who live in the following specified residential parking areas:
- Buena Vista (between East Blithedale and 18 Buena Vista)
- Lovell (Between Corte Madera and Olive)
- Bayview Ave. (From Corte Madera to end)
- Bernard (Between Lovell and Bayview)
- Throckmorton (Between Creek Lane and Olive)
- Forrest (Between East Blithedale and Presidio)
- Hill (Between East Blithedale and 100' north of Sunnyside)
- Sunnyside (Between East Blithedale and 86/87 Sunnyside)
- W. Blithedale (Between Buena Vista and Gardner)
- Miller (Between 46-52 Miller)
If you have recently moved to one of the areas listed above, you will need to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles to have your driver's license and registration reflect your new address.
The permit fee is $20.00 per vehicle, valid from February 1 through January 31 of the following year. ($20.00 fee will be prorated to $10.00 if issued after August 1). You can either pay cash or make check payable to "CITY OF MILL VALLEY."
You'll need to complete the Residential Parking Permit Application (which is provided below in PDF) or, to have it sent to you, please contact the Public Works Department at (415) 388-4033. You may mail in your application with a photocopy of your driver's license and registration. If you decide to come to City Hall for your permit, Public Works' hours are 8 to 5 (closed from 12 to 1).
Residential Parking Permit Application (5K)
You may mail in your application or hand deliver it to us at City Hall (instructions are on the application). Your Residential Parking Permit will be mailed back to you.
And don't forget: the permit will not be in effect until it is affixed to the left rear bumper of your vehicle.
Last updated: 5/1/2008 3:30:13 PM