Planning Commission Meeting
Planning Commission Meeting
11/12/2013 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- View the Meeting Agenda and Supporting Documents (Staff Reports, Resolutions, etc.) by clicking here.
- Download the Meeting Agenda in PDF format.
- Download the Meeting Minutes in PDF format. Note these minutes are not currently linked to Granicus, but provide time stamp references to the streaming video.
MILL VALLEY PLANNING COMMISSION
REGULAR MEETING OF TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2013*
*Please note the change of meeting day due to the Veterans Day holiday.
CALL TO ORDER
PLANNING AND BUILDING DIRECTOR’S ORAL REPORT
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: OCTOBER 28, 2013
APPROVAL OF AGENDA ORDER:
1. Updated Construction Management Plans (Tim McSorley, Supervising Senior Engineer, Department of Public Works)
Presentation on the updated Construction Management Plan policies that are now effective.
2. 773/775B East Blithedale – MBH Architects – Categorical Exemption and Conditional Use Permit– File No. 4120 (Svanstrom)
A Conditional Use Permit for a 1,747 square foot coffee shop at 775B E Blithedale Ave (formerly Performing Arts Academy of Marin addressed at 773 E Blithedale Ave). The applicant is MBH Architects, for GRI Alto Center, LLC (owner) / Starbucks (tenant). The subject property is in the General Commercial (C-G) Zoning District. The project is Categorically Exempt under Section 15301(a) of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
3. 246/250 East Blithedale – MacCracken Architects – Study Session – File No. 4138 (Svanstrom)
A Study Session for Design Review for the redesign of an existing building at 246-250 E Blithedale Ave and reconfiguration of the parking area. The building at 250 E Blithedale (currently housing Mill Valley Services and warehouse space) is proposed to be remodeled to include additional retail and restaurant space and outdoor seating and the site is proposed to be reconfigured, including the removal of the building at 246 E Blithedale and reconfiguration of parking. The subject property is in the Neighborhood Commercial (C-N) Zoning District.
4. Design Guideline Revision (Moore)
CONSIDERATION of an amendment to Guideline 10, "Minimizing Grading, Offhaul, Excavation and Erosion" of the City's Residential Design Guidelines. The proposed amendment has been referred to the Planning Commission by the City Council and would recommend that new basements should be designed to minimize offhaul (the removal of soil by truck from the project site) and allow the Planning Commission to exercise discretion in determining whether or not a basement of more or less than 300 square feet would be appropriate for a given project site.
5. Public Notice and Zoning Administrator Review (Moore)
Discussion of possible improvements to the public notice process for Planning Commission and Zoning Administrator hearings and the process by which projects are assigned to Planning Commission or Zoning Administrator agendas.