City Council Meeting
4/7/2014 7:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- View the Meeting Agenda and Supporting Documents (Staff Reports, Resolutions, etc.) by clicking here.
- Download Meeting Agenda in PDF format.
- Public Communications:
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COUNCIL AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Introduction of Vincent Smith, Interim Planning and Building Director.
2. Presentation of Proclamation Declaring April 22, 2014, as Earth Day in the City of Mill Valley.
3. Proclamation Declaring April “Autism Awareness Month” in the City of Mill Valley.
4. Proclamation Declaring April “Safe Digging Month” in the City of Mill Valley.
5. Arts Commission Annual Report to Council.
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Mayor or any member of the City Council or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
Recommended Action: Approve paying expenses authorized by the adopted City Budget.
7. Consideration of the Minutes of the March 17, 2014 Regular City Council Meeting.
Recommended Action: Approve the March 17, 2014 Regular City Council Meeting minutes.
8. Considerations of Resolutions to Extend and Authorize the Tamalpais Street Tree Assessment District, and setting a Public Hearing for May 5, 2014.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolutions.
9. Consideration of the Introduction of an Ordinance Amending the City’s Regulations Regarding Recreational, Commercial, and Oversized Vehicle Parking Restrictions, Sections 10.04.190 and 10.04.195 of the Mill Valley Municipal Code.
Recommended Action: Introduce Ordinance No. ___ and waive first reading.
10. Presentation of the Marin Emergency Radio Authority’s Request to Consider a Resolution to Support Placing a Parcel Tax on the 2014 Ballot to Support the Installation of a New Emergency Communication System.
Recommended Action: Receive Presentation and adopt Resolution No. 14-___.
11. Presentation on Recent City Sustainability and Zero Waste Efforts.
Recommended Action: Receive Presentation, discuss and provide direction to staff.
12. An Overview by the City Manager Regarding Areas of Focus to Address Recent Concerns Regarding Planning and Building Department Development Review and Construction Oversight.
Recommended Action: Receive Presentation, discuss and provide direction.
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS: An opportunity for Councilmembers to report on activities of the local and regional governmental bodies upon which they serve.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORTS
• New ‘Seed’ Library Program.
• City Council 2014/16 Priority Project Status Update.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT– To the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Monday, April 21, 2014.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer the following:
Webcasting Services: Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, consent calendar items, and attachments.
eComment: It is now possible for internet users watching the live meeting webcast to submit comments and questions in real-time to the City Council for the public comment sections of the meeting. Send an eComment.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.
Meeting end times are approximate. To request a digital recording of the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's office at email@example.com or call 415-388-4033.