COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2014
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COUNCIL AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
• The meeting will be adjourned in memory of Robin Williams.
• Congratulations to Vincent Smith on his appointment to Director of Planning and Building.
1. Presentation of a Proclamation Declaring the 100th Birthday of the Creation of the Mount Tamalpais Panorama by Ettore Serbaroli and Acknowledging the Community Service of the Serbaroli Restoration Committee.
2. Presentation of a Proclamation Recognizing the Milestone 50th Anniversary of La Ginestra.
3. Presentation of a Proclamation Honoring the Recent Achievements of the Mill Valley Little
League Majors All-Star Team.
Recommended Action: Approve paying expenses authorized by the adopted City Budget.
5. Consideration of the Minutes of the June 16, 2014, July 7, 2014, and July 21, 2014 Regular City Council Meetings.
Recommended Action: Approve the June 16, 2014, July 7, 2014, and July 21, 2014 Regular City Council meetings minutes.
6. Authorize the City’s Response to the Grand Jury Report Entitled, “The Scoop on Marin County Sewer Systems Part I and Part II”.
Recommended Action: Receive report and authorize the Mayor to sign and issue the City’s response.
7. Authorization of the Acceptance and Assignment of Zero Waste Grant Funds.
Recommended Action: Receive report and authorize the acceptance and assignment of grant funds.
8. Authorization of a Budget Adjustment to the Fiscal Year 2013-2014 Budget Regarding Building Inspection Services.
Recommended Action: Receive report and authorize budget adjustment.
9. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Site Specific Power Purchase Agreements with SolEd Benefit Corporation.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 14-___.
10. Introduction of an Ordinance to Amend Chapter 17.04 – Sewers-Construction, of the Mill Valley Municipal Code, to Establish Requirements for the Inspection and Repair or Replacement of Private Sewer Laterals
Recommended Action: Introduce Ordinance and waive the first reading.
11. Discussion and Review of Proposed Modifications to Chapter 20 – Zoning, of the Mill Valley Municipal Code, to Implement Programs Identified in the City’s Housing Element Related to Condominium Conversions and Special Needs Housing.
Recommended Action: Review proposed modifications, discuss, and provide direction.
12. Presentation and Discussion Regarding Traffic Conditions in Mill Valley and Options to Pursue for Improvement.
Recommended Action: Receive presentation, discuss, and provide direction.
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS
CITY MANAGER’S REPORTS
• Miller Avenue Interim Improvements
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT– In honor of Robin M. Williams, to a Special Joint City Council and Planning Commission Meeting on Monday, September 8, 2014 to be held in Council Chambers. The next Regular City Council meeting will be held on Monday, September 15, 2014.