City Council Meeting
4/21/2014 7:00 PM - 10:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COUNCIL AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Presentation of a Proclamation Declaring April, 2014, as ‘Fair Housing Month’ in the City of Mill Valley.
Recommended Action: Approve paying expenses authorized by the adopted City Budget.
3. Second Reading and Adoption of an Ordinance Amending the City’s Regulations Regarding Recreational, Commercial, and Oversized Vehicle Parking Restrictions, Sections 10.04.190 and 10.04.195 of the Mill Valley Municipal Code.
Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance No. ___.
4. Authorize City’s Response to the Marin County Grand Jury Report: “Get the Picture? - Audiovisual Technology and Marin Law Enforcement.”
Recommended Action: Authorize submission of response.
5. Consideration of Acceptance of a Donation from the Springcreek Foundation for Funds to Support Work by the Girl Scouts.
Recommended Action: Accept donation.
6. Update Regarding the 351 Lovell Avenue Construction Project.
Recommended Action: Receive report, discuss and provide direction to staff.
7. Presentation of the Traffic Signal Timing Upgrade Project.
Recommended Action: Receive the report, discuss and provide direction as appropriate.
8. Consideration of a Resolution Rejecting all Bids for the Miller Avenue Interim Improvement Project.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 14-___.
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS: An opportunity for Councilmembers to report on activities of the local and regional governmental bodies upon which they serve.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORTS
• Marin County Registrar of Voters New Poll Worker Recruitment for Upcoming Elections; Register at www.marinvotes.org.
• Annual City Community Meeting Scheduled for May 1, 2014.
• General Plan (MV2040) Submitted for the League of California Cities Helen Putnam Awards and American Planning Association Consideration.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT– To the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Monday, May 5, 2014.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer the following:
Webcasting Services: Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, consent calendar items, and attachments.
eComment: It is now possible for internet users watching the live meeting webcast to submit comments and questions in real-time to the City Council for the public comment sections of the meeting. Send an eComment.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.
Meeting end times are approximate. To request a digital recording of the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's office at email@example.com or call 415-388-4033.