City Council Meeting
9/16/2013 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- View the Meeting Agenda and Supporting Documents (Staff Reports, Resolutions, etc.) by clicking here.
- Download Meeting Agenda in PDF format.
- Download the Meeting Minutes in PDF format.
- Note: The Draft MV2040 General Plan, 2009-2014 Housing Element and Final Environmental Impact Report can be downloaded online at www.cityofmillvalley.org/generalplan. Hard copies are available for review at City Hall (26 Corte Madera Avenue) and the Public Library (375 Throckmorton) during normal business hours. (Please note City Hall is closed every other Friday).
- Public Communication:
BOARD, COMMISSION AND COMMITTEE INTERVIEWS: 6:45 p.m. in the Upstairs Conference Room.
1. Marin County Commission on Aging: 1 open position
Girija Brilliant – confirmed
Stanley Finkelstein – confirmed
Bob Harmon – confirmed
Susannah Woerner - confirmed
CALL TO ORDER: 7:30 p.m.
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COUNCIL AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Presentation of a Proclamation Honoring the Recent Achievements of the Mill Valley Little
2. Presentation of a Proclamation Honoring the 36th Annual Mill Valley Film Festival.
3. Presentation to Acknowledge the Generosity and Support of the Mill Valley Library Foundation and the Friends of the Library for the 2012/13 Fiscal Year.
4. Presentation of Certificates of Appreciation to the Golf Course Advisory Committee Members.
5. Introduction of the City’s new Senior Planner, Kari Svanstrom.
6. Consideration of the Minutes of the September 3, 2013 Regular City Council Meeting.
Recommended Action: Approve the September 3, 2013 Regular City Council Meeting minutes.
7. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing Acceptance of a $10,000 Grant from the Walker Rezaian Memorial Fund to Support the Development of the Mill Valley Public Library’s Children’s Programming in the 2013/14 Fiscal Year.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 13-___.
8. Consideration of a Resolution Making an Appointment to the Marin County Commission on Aging.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. ___.
9. Second Reading and Adoption of Ordinance Approving Amendments to Certain Portions of Title 20 of the Mill Valley Municipal Code, Zoning Ordinance, Regarding “Floor Area Ratio” and “Residential Second Units”.
Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance No. ___.
10. Consideration of the Introduction of an Ordinance Amending the City’s Regulations Regarding Recreational and Commercial Vehicle Parking Restrictions, Sections 10.04.190 and 10.04.195 of the Mill Valley Municipal Code.
Recommended Action: Introduce Ordinance No. ___ and waive first reading.
11. Consideration of a Recommendation from the Planning Commission to Certify the Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) for the MV2040 General Plan and 2009-2014 Housing Element; Adopt a Statement of Overriding Considerations; and Adopt the Draft Mill Valley 2040 (MV2040) General Plan-and Draft 2009-2014 Housing Element.
Recommended Action: Receive presentation, discuss, receive public comment, provide direction to staff and continue the Public Hearing to the September 30, 2013 Special City Council meeting to adopt the following Resolutions:
1) Resolution 13-___ Certifying the Final MV2040 General Plan Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) for the MV2040 General Plan and adopting a Statement of Overriding Considerations Pursuant to Section 15093(b) of the California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines;
2) Resolution 13-___ Adopting the MV2040 General Plan; and
3) Resolution 13-___ Adopting the 2009-2014 Housing Element.
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS: An opportunity for Councilmembers to report on activities of the local and regional governmental bodies upon which they serve.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORTS
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT– To the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Monday, October 7, 2013. The City Council tentatively plans on holding Special City Council meetings to discuss adoption of the proposed General Plan on Monday, September 30, 2013.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer the following:
Webcasting Services: Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, consent calendar items, and attachments.
eComment: It is now possible for internet users watching the live meeting webcast to submit comments and questions in real-time to the City Council for the public comment sections of the meeting. Send an eComment.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.
Meeting end times are approximate. To request a digital recording of the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's office at email@example.com or call 415-388-4033.