City Council Meeting
11/5/2012 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
INTERVIEWS FOR BOARDS, COMMISSIONS AND COMMITTEES
Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee: 6:30 p.m. in the Upstairs Conference Room at City Hall (26 Corte Madera Avenue, Mill Valley, CA).
1. Kathy McLeod
2. Jacqueline Zimmer
CALL TO ORDER – 7:30 p.m.
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
ACTION OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
COUNCIL AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Proclamation honoring Robert E. Burton for 45 years of volunteer service to the City of Mill Valley and the County of Marin.
2. Warrants--$ 1,319,094.57.
Recommended Action: Approve paying expenses authorized by the adopted City Budget.
3. Consideration of the Minutes of the October 15, 2012 Regular City Council Meeting.
Recommended Action: Approve the October 15, 2012 Regular City Council Meeting minutes.
4. Consideration to approve the City Council Meeting Schedule for 2013.
Recommended Action: Approve schedule.
5. Review of the City of Mill Valley City Council eComment Pilot Program.
Recommended Action: Receive presentation and concur with staff recommendation.
6. Consideration of a Resolution Confirming the Mayor’s Appointment to the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (Continued from the October 15, 2012 Regular City Council meeting).
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. ___.
7. Presentation by the staff of the Marin Energy Authority (MEA) of the Annual Energy Cost Comparison and Greenhouse Gas Production Analysis.
Recommended Action: Receive presentation and provide direction to staff.
8. Update Regarding the City’s Letter to the Association of Bay Area Governments Seeking Revision to the Draft Regional Housing Needs Allocation.
Recommended Action: Receive presentation, discuss and provide direction as appropriate.
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS
a. Mayor Lion and Councilmember Moulton-Peters: Report on Attendance at the October 19, 2012, ABAG Fall General Assembly Meeting.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORTS
a. FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map Floodway Meeting Summary and Stetson Report/SOMA Next Steps.
b. Emergency Preparedness Especially Regarding Winter Storm Preparations.
c. Golf Course Advisory Ad-Hoc Committee Formation.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Monday, November 19, 2012.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer the following:
Webcasting Services: Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, consent calendar items, and attachments.
eComment: It is now possible for internet users watching the live meeting webcast to submit comments and questions in real-time to the City Council for the public comment sections of the meeting. Send an eComment.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.
Meeting end times are approximate. To request a digital recording of the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-388-4033.