5/14/2013 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Please join the Mill Valley City Council, Planning Commission, and City staff for a
Tuesday, May 14 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Mill Valley Community Center, 180 Camino Alto, Mill Valley, CA
- Update on various City projects and events.
- An informational introduction of the MV2040 Draft General Plan.
- Q&A with City Council and staff.
Doors open at 5:45. Refreshments will be served.
After months of meetings and discussion, the City of Mill Valley is pleased to present the MV2040 Draft General Plan.
Since the General Plan Advisory Committee finished its review of the final goal, policy and program recommendations in early February, City staff and consultants have been at work developing a draft General Plan that reflects the considerable time and energy of all who have participated in this important community process. This great effort has been accomplished in a little more than 15 months, consistent with the timeline set by the City Council when the process started in January of 2012. The MV2040 General Plan also includes the 2009-2014 Housing Element.
The General Plan serves as an opportunity to update and establish:
- A Community Vision - The General Plan preparation and adoption process offers the opportunity to bring the community together to express (or confirm) its collective values and shape a common vision for the future.
- Public Policy Coordination – The General Plan is not just a land use document that governs future growth and development. It is where all of a community’s major policy initiatives are identified, assessed and expressed in a comprehensive and consistent form.
- Budget and Capital Investment Coordination - The General Plan can be used to strategically identify budget and capital investment and implementation priorities based on the vision, and subsequently as a management tool to unite City departments and decision-makers.
- Legal Basis for Implementation - State statutes and established case law require that local government decisions affecting a community’s growth and development must be consistent with the General Plan.
To view the MV2040 Draft General Plan and the 2009-2014 Housing Element please click here.
We look forward to seeing you on May 14th.
- Click Here to Download the Meeting Minutes in PDF.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
Meeting end times are approximate.